NO-SPA - is used for the treatment of smooth muscle contractions (felt as recurrent stomach pain) in the gastrointestinal tract, gall bladder and urinary tract. In terms of severity and duration of antispasmodic action surpasses papaverine. It does not affect the autonomic nervous system and central nervous system. Due to the fact that No-Spa acts directly on smooth muscle, it can be used as an antispasmodic in cases when medicines from the group of anticholinergics are contraindicated (glaucoma, prostatic hypertrophy).
- Smooth Muscle Spasms Associated With Biliary Tract Diseases (Cholecystolithiasis, Cholangiolithiasis, Cholecystitis, Pericholecystitis, Cholangitis, Papillitis).
- Spasms of Smooth Muscles of the Urinary Tract (Nephrolithiasis, Urethrolithiasis, Pyelitis, Cystitis, Tenesmus of the Bladder).
- Tensile Type Headaches.
- Gynecological Diseases (Dysmenorrhea)
GUARANTEE & EXPIRY DATE
100% original from Hungarian pharmaceutical company Chinoin Pharmaceutical & Chemical Works Co.
All packs are air tight sealed and expire up to 10.2024.
Photos of the product are for illustation purpose only and may vary according to the manufacturer.
When administered orally and parenterally, drotaverine (active ingredient of No-Spa) is rapidly and completely absorbed. Cmax is reached within 45-60 minutes. Binds to plasma proteins (alpha-albumin, alpha-and beta-globulins). Metabolizes in the liver. Half-life is 16-22 hours. After 72 hours drotaverine is excreted mainly in the form of metabolites, 50% with urine, 30% with feces.
NO-SPA comes in the form of tablets for oral use: 40-80 mg per tablet, 24 tablets per pack AND injectables: 2 ml per ampoule, 5 ampoules per pack
Tablets - Magnesium stearate - 3 mg, Talc - 4 mg, Povidone - 6 mg, Corn starch - 35 mg, Lactose monohydrate - 52 mg.
Injectables - Sodium metabisulfite 2.0 mg, Ethanol 96% 132.0 mg, Water for injection up to 2.0 ml.
For adults, the recommended daily intake is 120-240 mg (in 2-3 doses). The maximum single dose is 80 mg. The maximum daily dose is 240 mg.
The maximum daily dose for oral administration for children aged 6 to 12 years is 80 mg in 2 doses, for teenagers over 12 years old - 160 mg in 2–4 doses.
The recommended duration of taking the drug is usually 1-2 days. If during this period the pain does not decrease, the patient should consult a doctor to clarify the diagnosis and if necessary change the therapy. In cases where drotaverine is used as adjuvant therapy, the duration of treatment may be 2-3 days.
- The tablets contain 52 mg of lactose. This can cause gastrointestinal discomform in people with lactose intolerance. This form is not acceptable for patients suffering from lactose deficiency, galactosemia or impaired glucose / galactose absorption syndrome.
- When taken orally in therapeutic doses, drotaverine does not affect the ability to drive a car and perform work requiring increased attention.
- Do not use if suffering from Arterial Hypotension.
Gastrointestinal disturbances (rarely - nausea, constipation).
Disorders of the nervous system (rarely - headache, dizziness, insomnia).
Cardiovascular disorders (rarely - heart palpitations, very rarely - hypotension).
Disorders of the immune system (very rarely - allergic reactions, especially in patients with hypersensitivity to bisulfites).
Store in dry place at room temperature. Do not exceed storage temperature higher than 25 degrees Celcius. Keep away from direct sunlight. Keep locked and away from children.
Ask us any questions about NO-SPA.